Friday, April 30, 2010

Crushed Raspberry Tart


This is great for a quick and easy dessert. You won’t believe how good it tastes … and everyone will think you’re really clever! I got this recipe from Donna Hay’s ‘Seasons’ which is an excellent book, loaded with gorgeous recipes and photographs.

1 x 375g block puff pastry, thawed
Egg white, for brushing
1 tbsp caster sugar
250g raspberries
1 tbsp
Icing sugar, sifted
Sour Cream Filling
1 cup (240g) sour cream
¼ cup (60ml) pouring cream
1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
Preheat oven to 200°C. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thickness and trim to a 20cm square. Cut 8 strips measuring 1cm x 20cm from the remaining dough. Place the dough square on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush the square with egg white and place half the strips around the edge to form a border, pressing gently to seal. Brush the borders with egg white and place the remaining strips on top. Prick the base with a fork. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
     Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the dough with the caster sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool. While the pastry is cooking, make the sour cream filling. Place the sour cream, cream and brown sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined and smooth. Set aside. Place half the raspberries in a bowl with the icing sugar and crush lightly. Fold in the remaining raspberries and set aside. To serve, spread the sour cream filling over the base of the pastry and spoon over the raspberries. Serves 4-6.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ang that looks absolutely yum!! You've done a great job on the blog and I am definitely going to have to make the brownie...I looove brownies but have never made them! I wish you were still living near me then I could be your official taste tester!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I love how delicious and simple Donna's recipes are! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lorraine! I can't believe you commented on my blog!! I am so addicted to your blog - I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks impressive but sounds easy to make! Just my kind of recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete